Friday, December 12, 2008
Studio/Recording Effects
In one of my earlier blogs, I mentioned that new "pop" singers like Britney Spears, and even Paris Hilton get to triumph in anything they desire because of their looks or fame. Well i'd like to explain how this works. When they take these artists to the studio, professional musicians are hired to create and record all of the music. After that, they either have the actual artist like Britney Spears record the singing. I believe that Britney Spears does record the voice, however I'm not sure about Paris Hilton at all. After they record the voice, the tricky part comes to play. Now the producer has to edit their voice and tune it to make sure it sounds correctly with the whole song. After that the sound engineer has to mix the song so that it sounds precise and equalizes correctly in different sets of speakers. That's pretty much it. I've worked a lot in studios, and I've seen how it works. It's crazy to think but most of the things you hear aren't actually real, they are altered in some way or another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ironically, in one of my earlier blogs, I went on rant about the infamous vocoder. Editing your voice to a certain extent is ok and all, but it ruins the song when the editing becomes extensive. When artists like T-Pain and Ron Brows use auto tune to enhance their voices, they end up sounding like robots. No matter how much you mix the song or what speaker the song is coming out of, you attain the same result. I could go on forever on the subject of studio/recording effects, but enough is enough. Let the real artists into the studio to record, not the wannabes.
Post a Comment